Enjoying a nice cool drink on hot summer days is even better when you add some of the good stuff. Nooooo- we’re not talking about adding a spoonful of Allulose, this is all about making a cocktail that soothes the nerves while you watch the sun go down. Here are our top cocktail recommendations that will knock your socks off.
Healthy and Tasty Summer Greats
We’ve left most of the typical summer cocktails off this list since they are over-used and overly hyped anyway. The problem with most of the popular names such as the Tequila Sunrise is that they are packed with hidden sugar including grenadine syrup, off-the-shelf orange juice, and that ever-present candied cherry. With so many other traditional summer drinks working exactly like this, we’ve hunted down healthier alternatives that are all tasty cocktails. Pair any of these tasty drinks with a little surf and turf for the ultimate BBQ get together.
- Tall glass
- 1 Bottle Rosé wine (or white wine)
- Honey to taste (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 Cup Brandy
- Chopped fresh fruits
- Take a large glass pitcher and pour your rosé wine into the pitcher. It’s better to have your wine chilled beforehand. Now add ¼ cup of brandy and squeeze fresh orange juice and half a lemon into this liquid. You can add honey or maple syrup to sweeten this naturally and is according to your taste and liking. Now add freshly chopped fruits such as apples, oranges, nectarines, or strawberries. Let this mixture chill and then pour into a tall glass and enjoy.
- 1 Bottle Rosé wine
- 1 Bottle Sparkling water
- 1 Bottle Ginger ale
- Fresh thyme sprigs (if making more than one)
- The general ratio to follow is 3-parts rosé wine to 1-part sparkling water. Add a splash of ginger ale for extra flavor by throwing in a small sprig of thyme as a garnish and enjoy.
Gin Basil Smash
- Fine strainer
- Tall glass
- 1 Bottle Dry gin
- Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh bay leaves
- Fresh mint
- Into a cocktail shaker, add 2 ounces of dry gin and ounces of lemon juice. Now you add ounces of honey and 10-12 fresh basil leaves. Also, add ice into the shaker so this helps to crush the basil leaves to get the beautiful green color. Shake this with enthusiasm for a minute or so. Use a fine strainer over the shaker and pour into a tall glass filled with ice. Add a little bit of fresh mint for a unique and fresh flavor.
- ¼-⅓ Cup Fresh blueberries
- 1 Ounce Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Ounce Honey
- 1 Ounce Blueberry-flavored vodka (Stoli makes this)
- Pink champagne
- You will first pre-chill your drinking cup with ice cubes. Now add your vodka, blueberries, lemon juice, honey, and ice cubes. Shake this to muddle your mixture for a minute like crazy. Now use a fine filter and pour this mixture into your chilled cup about filled. Top this off with pink champagne and add a drinking straw. Add some extra blueberries as a decorative garnish.